A beautiful smile is the prettiest thing you can wear. In our society, your smile is the first thing someone notices when two people meet. Lacking confidence in your smile can be very frustrating. Here at Smiles of Chandler, our cosmetic dentist, Dr. James Heaton, has years of experience in helping people achieve their ideal smile and to finally find that confidence that allows them to smile freely and boldly. Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of general dentistry. It is not something you learn in dental school and takes very specific training from dentists with a passion to create beautiful smiles.
Why Cosmetic Dentistry?
You may be preparing for an upcoming social event or you simply are unhappy with your smile and want that beautiful transformation you have seen others have. The benefits of having a smile that you are proud of literally can’t be measured. We love to interview our patients 12 months after they have gone through a smile makeover and it often brings them to tears how much it has changed their lives and the way they interact with people.
Cosmetic Dentistry procedures include
- Closing Gaps between teeth
- Fixing Crooked/misshapen teeth
- Straightening Misaligned teeth
- Replacing Lost teeth
- Hiding Discolored teeth
- Improving Gummy smiles
Ask yourselves before going for cosmetic dentistry
- Are you happy with the color of your teeth?
- Do you have any cracked or worn out teeth?
- Is your smile too gummy?
- Are your teeth too long or too short?
- Are you happy with the position and alignment of your teeth?
If the answer to any of these is yes, please let us sit down with you and let you know what options are realistic for you and if you are a candidate for a smile makeover.
We offer several cosmetic dentistry services at our office. Following are some of our dental cosmetic services that consider the aesthetics of teeth.
- Dental Veneers: They are thin shell-like structure placed on the front teeth to hide the tooth color and errors.
- Teeth Whitening: An individual having dark or pale-colored teeth due to smoking, tobacco, alcohol, excess of sugary/soda drink. This is the easiest and quickest way to improve a smile.
- Porcelain Crowns: Crowns look exactly like a natural tooth which will be placed on the damaged/cracked/weak tooth to make it appear as a normal beautiful tooth.
- Tooth-colored fillings: A material used to prevent the tooth from getting decay and also to cover the damaged tooth. This procedure will make the teeth look natural and healthy.
Smile makeover process and treatment options
In very simple terms; Your cosmetic dentistry consultation will involve oral check-up and questionnaire. The dentist will treat tooth decay and gum diseases, if identified, before planning the cosmetic dentistry treatment. We make a note of what all changes you expect from the treatment. Our dentist provides treatment options based on the needs of patients and feasibility. Pictures of teeth are taken during the consultation. A treatment plan is set. On the approval of the patient, the procedure starts. After completion of the treatment, patients are directed on how to care for the teeth.
If you are having issues with any of the above factors, a smile makeover may be for you. Our cosmetic dentist in Chandler, AZ can help you get the smile of your dreams.