Getting braces is the first step towards solving various teeth alignment issues. Braces produce amazing results and once this challenging part is over, the patient can look forward to getting bite problems suitably corrected. Orthodontists value taking proper care of them to avoid infection and any other dental issue. Dr. James Heaton DDS, a reputed orthodontist in Chandler at Smile of Chandler, suggests a few tips that can help to ensure good maintenance and care of braces.
REGULAR BRUSHING AND FLOSSING
The first tip suggested for taking proper care of dental braces in Chandler is following a proper dental hygiene routine that involves proper brushing and flossing. It is very important to remove plaque and food debris from teeth.
It might be slightly challenging when wearing braces because it results in more space where food particles can get stuck. Your orthodontist may suggest using a special brush that cleans hard-to-reach spots between teeth and helps remove stuck food particles. While brushing your teeth, be extra careful about plaque buildup around braces brackets as it can lead to gingivitis or decay of gums.
HERE IS A CATALOG OF ESSENTIAL THINGS THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF WHEN BRUSHING YOUR TEETH
- Regular teeth brushing for a minimum of two minutes.
- Using a high-end flossing device to floss teeth and keep your oral cavity in top shape.
- Ensure gentle touch of the brush on teeth to circumvent impairing brackets and wires.
- Make use of a floss threader to clean between teeth smoothly.
- Drink fluoridated water or use fluoride toothpaste to strengthen teeth.
- Use a mouth rinse to help remove stuck food particles and debris.
FOOD HABITS TO AVOID
It is difficult to change food habits that you have been following for a long time, but certain changes have to be made when getting braces treatment done. Try making healthier food choices and avoid consuming certain foods to keep your braces in perfect condition.
HERE ARE A FEW IMPORTANT INPUTS THAT CAN BE OF HELP.
- Avoid sticky food like popcorn, gum, pretzels, etc.
- Avoid candies, gummies, and caramels.
- Do not chew hard on pens, nails, ice, and pencils when wearing braces.
- Avoid using tobacco products or smoking.
When wearing braces, it is significant to follow these tips and precautions. Get an appointment with your orthodontist in Chandler i.e. Dr. James Heaton DDS, who practices at Smiles Of Chandler today. He is among the best dentist in Chandler AZ. Find out more about how you can take care of your braces by exploring their website.